Your Guide To Essential Oils
Essential oils have recently surged in popularity due to their many benefits, and because they are viewed as a simple, natural way to improve health and quality of life. Read on to find out what Thai natural oils are and how they can improve your health and beauty routine.
The extraction and use of essential oils can be traced back thousands of years, throughout the world. Thailand has a long history of aromatherapy use as an integral part of traditional medicine and massage practices.
Many traditional remedies emphasize the use Thai essential oils and their aromas for calming and energizing the mind, as well as supporting circulation, relaxing muscles and relieving pain.
The Benefits of Thai Essential Oils
Thai essential oils have emerged from ancient traditions, and are still valued by many in the present day for their wide ranging benefits.
Thai natural oils can lift your mood, provide pain relief from headaches, and support good digestion. Some essential oils are also recommended for household use as natural cleaning solutions or insect deterrents.
Let’s take a look at some common essential oils and their benefits:
- Lavender: promotes relaxation, sleep, and provides headache relief
- Rosemary: reduces inflammation, promotes circulation and hair health
- Peppermint: boosts energy, helps with indigestion and headaches
- Lemongrass: reduces acne and anxiety, natural insect repellent
- Eucalyptus: promotes respiratory health, improves joint pain, natural insect repellent
- Cedarwood: reduces acne and dandruff, improves joint pain
- Lemon: reduces inflammation, boosts energy, relieves nausea
Some people select just one type of oil, while others combine a few with similar benefits to supercharge their effects. If you’re not sure which oils to mix, there are many pre-made blends designed to improve your mood, help you relax, boost your immune system, enhance your focus, and help you sleep better.
How to Use Thai Essential Oils
There are several ways that you can incorporate Thai essential oils into your life to start enjoying their many health benefits and the pleasant aromas that they release.
Clan Beauty has many products already prepared for topical use, such as hand oils and spot rollers, which you can simply use as the packaging indicates. You can also purchase pure natural oils and explore using them following the methods outlined below.
One way to enjoy essential oils is by releasing their aromas into the air and then inhaling. There are several ways to do this:
- Diffuser: A diffuser uses water and heat to release oils into the air as steam.
- Dry evaporation: You can put a few drops of essential oil onto a cotton ball or tissue and either sniff it or place it near you for a more prolonged scent.
- Steam: Add a couple drops of essential oil to a bowl of hot water and then inhale the steam - just be sure to close your eyes when inhaling.
- Spray: Place a few drops of oil into a spray bottle with water as a great air freshener or cleaning solution.
Another common way to use essential oils is to apply them topically and allow your body to absorb them through the skin.
When using this method, it is important to dilute the oil before applying it. You can simply put a few drops of oil into water, an unscented lotion, or a carrier oil.
Some frequently used carrier oils include coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, argan oil, and sweet almond oil. In addition to using a carrier oil, you can also enjoy essential oils topically by:
- Putting a few drops in your bath
- Adding a drop to a hot compress or warm cloth
- Placing a drop on your pillow before going to sleep
Remember that essential oils are highly concentrated, so a little goes a long way. You’ll notice that they come in very small bottles with a top that allows them to drip out slowly, because for most uses, you will only need 1-3 drops.
Trying new substances on your skin can sometimes cause an allergic reaction, so always be sure to spot test new essential oils on a small area before using more widely.
Additionally, it is recommended that you do not ingest essential oils, and that you keep them stored safely out of reach of children.
Give Thai Essential Oils a Try
Now you know the many benefits and uses of Thai natural oils as part of a health and beauty regime, check out Clan Beauty’s wide range of essential oils and ready-to-use essential oil blends to add aroma to your life and experience these ancient wellness practices for yourself.